$4,000 to recognize a significant career of contributions of a psychologist who is an exceptional teacher of psychology.
This award recognizes a significant career of contributions of a psychologist who has a proven track record as an exceptional teacher of psychology. The awardee receives a plaque, a $4,000 award and an all-expense paid round trip to the APA Annual Convention, where the award is presented. Awardees are also invited to give a special address.
Nominees should demonstrate and will be rated on the following dimensions:
- Have demonstrated achievement related to the teaching of psychology
- Exemplary performance as a classroom teacher
- Development of innovative curricula and courses
- Development of effective teaching methods and/or materials
- Teaching of advanced research methods and practice in psychology
- Administrative facilitation of teaching
- Research on teaching
- Training of teachers of psychology
- Evidence of influence as a teacher of students who become psychologists
APF encourages nominations for individuals who represent diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability and sexual orientation.
- Nomination cover letter outlining the nominee’s contributions to the teaching of psychology.
- Current CV and bibliography.
- Up to ten supporting letters from colleagues, administrators and former students.
- An appendix of no more than two to three supporting documents.
- A one to three page statement of teaching philosophy from the nominee.
- All nomination materials must be gathered by the nominator and submitted online.
- Apply online.
See our website for more information: https://www.apa.org/apf/funding/brewer
Click here to apply for this grant: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=apa&
The deadline for applications is December 1, 2019. Please free to distribute this call as you see fit.
APF welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds with respect to age, race, color, religion, creed, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender, and geography.