The Department of Counseling, Recreation & School Psychology at Florida International University (FIU) invites applications for an Open Rank Tenure-Track/Tenured position in the School Psychology program to begin Fall, 2020. This is a 9-month, full-time faculty appointment with possibility of summer employment.
FIU is an urban, multicultural, public research university located in Miami, Florida with over 57,000 students enrolled. The Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) program in School Psychology, consisting of three full-time faculty, has been in existence since 1972, and is fully approved by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). The program, department, and university are fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff, and students. For additional information about the School Psychology program, please visit https://crsp.fiu.edu/.
This position involves teaching, research, and service in our NASP-approved, specialist-level School Psychology program. Although the specific area of research expertise is open, successful applicants should have a strong record of working with culturally and linguistically diverse populations. Other responsibilities may include program leadership, supervision of practicum students and interns, student advisement and mentoring, maintaining an active research agenda, and pursuing external funding in collaboration with colleagues within and outside of FIU’s School of Education & Human Development.
- An earned Ph.D. degree in School Psychology (conferred on or before August 1, 2020) from a NASP-approved and/or APA-accredited program.
- A record of, or demonstrated potential for, excellence in scholarly activity as evidenced by publications, presentations, and external grant funding that is commensurate with rank (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor)
- Licensure or licensed-eligible as a psychologist and/or certified as a school psychologist in the state of Florida
- Successful teaching experience in university settings
- Active involvement and service in the School Psychology profession
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at http://facultycareers.fiu.edu (Job Opening ID 518406) and submit the following documents by September 27, 2019 to assure full consideration:
- A cover letter describing current areas of research along with statement of teaching philosophy
- A one-page diversity statement addressing the candidate’s ability and experience in supporting diversity and equity, and/or working with students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Current curriculum vitae (with a list of the names, telephone numbers, addresses and emails of three references)
- Two scholarly writing samples
- Unofficial transcripts from all degree-granting institutions
Review of applications will begin on September 30 and will continue until the position is filled. Questions regarding the position may be addressed to the search committee co-chair, Dr. Andy Pham: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Florida International University
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs. FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time and emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and offers classes in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports STEM research and artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.