As a reminder, collaborative proposals for the 128th APA Convention in Washington D.C. are due Friday, October 11. Collaborative proposals bring together multiple divisions to create useful, innovative, energizing programming.
To submit a collaborative proposal, you need to identify: 1) at least two, but no more than seven, divisions that have interests relevant to your proposal, and 2) to develop an innovative format for presentation of the proposal.
If you’re not sure of a topic but you’d like to collaborate with another division, you can find a Google spreadsheet listing proposals that have been sent to me by other divisions. If you are interested, please add your name and email address in the highlighted cell/row of interest and I’ll be sure to put you in touch with the division. Some recent proposal ideas include:
- Addressing the needs of LGBTQ+ youth and their families
- Black/African-American boys and resiliency related to educational and community outcomes
- Effective advocacy practices across levels of government and communication platforms
- Walk-a-mile: Crossing the Border and Facing the System: The experiences of immigrant families and children
- Women in Psychology: Managing Careers and Personal Lives
Please let me know if you have ANY questions!
Elizabeth (Liz) M. Power, EdD