- Current Alaska Type C Special Services Certificate with school psychologist or licensed psychologist endorsement.
- Knowledgeable of learning disabilities, Limited English Proficiency, and bilingualism as they relate to academic performance.
- Experience in identifying needs, writing programs, and coordinating services for emotionally disturbed students.
- Experience in assisting academic and behavioral problems.
- Experience working with assessment of gifted academic levels and intellectual potential.
- Experience in developing pre-referral intervention programs, individual education programs, and writing psychological reports.
- Travel to sites required.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to safely, regularly lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Assess the broad array of academic and behavioral needs, including intelligence, aptitude, social/emotional, functional and adaptive skills, sensory and perceptual motor abilities.
- Recommend objectives, strategies, and materials for individual education programs.
- Interface with other agencies concerning educational/behavioral programs of students.
- Facilitate therapeutic intervention with high-risk children.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Special Education
SALARY: Placement on BSSD Teacher Pay Scale. (See the BSSD Negotiated Agreement for more details.)
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: 200 Days
LOCATION: Bering Strait School District; Unalakleet, AK
Send initial letter of application with resume to: email@example.com
Questions about the BSSD Special Education program, and specific exceptionalities can be addressed to: Jessie Towarak, Coordinator of Special Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, 907-624-4278
Written correspondence or mailed applications should be addressed to: HR Director, email@example.com, 907-624-4309
NOTE: Bering Strait School district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.