SASP Student Research Forum
The 2016 SASP Student Research Forum will be held during the 124th Annual APA Convention in Denver.
Guidelines for 2016 Poster Proposal Submissions:
Poster presentations allow presenters to display their research in a poster board format, allowing attendees to view and engage in discussions about the author’s work. Sessions generally range from 30-45 minutes in length. For those submissions accepted for presentation in poster session, SASP will send detailed instructions to assist presenters in preparing materials in the required format.
Guidelines for Proposal Preparation and Submission
Your final proposal submission must include a completed proposal cover sheet:
- A typed, doubled-spaced summary of the proposed poster presentation
- Maximum of 500 words (title, references, and tables not included in word limit)
- Description of the nature of research, methodological and/or conceptual framework, significance of results, implications for school psychology
- Do not include any identifying information in summary
- Attach as a separate document from the cover sheet
- Materials should be submitted electronically to the email address provided at the bottom of the proposal cover sheet.
- Submitted presentations should be original works, and may not have been previously presented at other conferences.
- Please adhere to APA’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct, specifically Standard 8: Research and Publication when conducting and presenting research.
- Indicate any accommodations for physical disability that are required to facilitate participation on the cover sheet.
- Each proposal should include an e-mail address for the first author. First authors are responsible for communicating all information received from SASP regarding the SRF to co-authors.
- Presenters will be notified by email regarding proposal acceptance by May 18, 2015.
If you have any questions about the SASP Student Research Forum, would like to be involved, or have questions about the proposal submission process, please contact Maribeth Wicoff, SASP convention chair.