Early Career Psychologists and people researching them: A Second Chance to Submit a Research or Innovation Poster for APA Convention
You have until Sunday Feb 4, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST to submit a poster for APA Convention, Aug 9-12 in San Francisco, CA
The Committee on Early Career Psychologists (CECP) is hosting up to two 50-minute Research and Innovation Poster Sessions in the Exhibit Hall of Convention this year in San Francisco, California. These session have a rare, extended deadline of February 4th to allow more people to participate in Convention.
- The first author must be an Early Career Psychologist within 10 years of their graduate degree, presenting on any research findings, new ideas, innovations or advances in the profession. Alternatively, we will accept applications from any other individual whose topic squarely addresses concerns relevant to early career psychologists or the early career developmental phase.
- Due to our later-than-typical deadline, names of participants in this poster session may not be included in the printed convention program but should appear in the online Convention program and mobile app. Also, it may not be possible to prevent schedule conflicts if authors of the posters are also presenting other material at Convention.
- The first author on the submission should be expected to participate if the poster is accepted.
- CECP will not require APA membership. Members and non-members alike will be required to register for Convention.
- According to Convention rules, authors of posters may not present more than one additional poster or talk at Convention.
- Submissions to this session should not be redundant or substantively similar to proposals already accepted for Convention under the original application deadline.
- Poster sessions allow presenters and attendees to engage in extended discussions regarding the author’s presentation that is in illustrated format on a poster board.
How to apply:
- Submit an application form at https://goo.gl/forms/f8tcncPjo
MArQ7f42 by the Feb 4 deadline
- You will be asked to provide author information (first author and up to 5 co-authors), an abstract up to 200 words, a title, and index codes. You can view the form to learn full requirements for a completed submission.
- The Committee on Early Career Psychologists will examine all applications for eligibility. Application materials must be received electronically on or before 11:59 p.m. (EST) on February 4, 2018.
- Notifications will be made approximately one month after the deadline.
- Be sure to keep a copy of all submitted materials for your records.
- Questions? Contact Eddy Ameen, PhD, Director of APA Office on Early Career Psychologists (email@example.com, 202-216-7627) or Jasmin Llamas, PhD, CECP Program Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org