2018 APA President Dr. Jessica Henderson Daniel and APA are seeking nominations for professionals to be recognized as a “Citizen Psychologist” through July 2018. The Early Career Professional workgroup would like to nominate an early career school psychologist for this important recognition. If you or a fellow early career colleague meet the below criteria, please submit the following information by June 15, 2018 to the Past Chair of the ECP workgroup, Jacqueline Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information on this nomination can also be found at the following link: http://www.apa.org/about/governance/president/citizen-psychologist-guide.pdf
- Must be an APA member, or you will be asked to join as an APA member prior to being reviewed
- Must have a doctorate (EdD, PhD, or PsyD) in psychology
- Have served as a leader in your community
- Contribute to improving multiple lives through activities that are not necessarily related to your career, such as: public service, volunteerism, board membership or other strategic roles
- Relate psychological science and expertise to existing challenges to improve communities at local, national, and/or global levels
Information to Submit:
- Affiliation (primary organization for which your service is being recognized)
- Description of your contributions to the public (maximum of 5,000 characters)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- You may submit up to three additional files with further details about your work (e.g., publications, newspaper articles, etc.)
- Minimum of two references from individuals familiar with your work (does not need to be a psychologist)
If we nominate you, we will also need to obtain additional demographic and educational information, as per the above link. We will obtain this information only from the ECP who we nominate.