Posting Number: req693
Faculty Tenure Track
College of Education Admin
Pocatello – Main
The person hired to fill this position will have teaching, research and scholarship, and service responsibilities in the Master and Educational Specialist programs in School Psychology. This person will participate in advising, recruiting, and other student and College support functions. The location of this position can be in Pocatello or Meridian/Boise Idaho.
- Teach school psychology courses in the school psychology program in the College of Education, using a variety of instructional modalities, including distance learning technologies (60%)
- Contribute to the knowledge base in the field through publication and presentation of original research and/or submission of grant and contract proposals at a level consistent with departmental, college, and university goals (25%)
- Participate in unit governance, program assessment and accreditation reviews, and demonstrate leadership skills through service activities (15%)
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and constituents to promote and enhance the profile and reputation of the ISU College of Education and School Psychology Program.
- Earned doctorate in School Psychology (ABD will be considered).
- The ability to teach school psychology courses; (e.g., psychodiagnosis, legal and ethical issues in school psychology, consultation in schools, and the practicum in school psychology).
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- The ability to advise graduate students and guide student research projects;
- A record of scholarly accomplishment.
- Record of grant submissions.
- Experience teaching in higher education.
- Experience teaching in on-line, distance, or virtual environments.
- Content-area certification.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Letter of application documenting qualifications for the position and summarizing the impact of contributions made in research, teaching, and service; Curriculum vitae; Unofficial transcript(s) of graduate level studies (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate); List of names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.