As a reminder, the call for proposals for the 2019 APA Convention has been posted and can be accessed at the following site: http://www.apa.org/convention/proposals.aspx.
Division 16 will be accepting proposals for Continuing Education Workshops (Due November 13th) and Divisional Programming (Due December 3rd). More information on each of these proposal types may be found below.
We are strongly encouraging submitters to request to be considered for CE credits for Divisional Proposals as well. For all submissions, in order to be considered for continuing education (CE) credits, the submitter MUST select the option. We ask that everyone mark this option as many attendees look for sessions available for CEs (APA makes the final decision for assigning sessions to CEs).
Continuing Education Workshops – DEADLINE: NOV 13, 2018 by 5 PM EST
- More information: http://www.apa.org/convention/proposals.aspx
- Can request half day (4 hrs) or full day (7 hrs)
- Submit proposal to Continuing Education Committee (CEC)
- CEC decides on acceptance and scheduling; Division 16 is not involved with review process!
Divisional Programming – DEADLINE: DEC 3, 2018 by 5 PM EST
- Types of proposals: symposia and posters
- Proposals regarding topics relevant to the field of school psychology are encouraged
- Various research designs are especially encouraged for posters
- Can request 1-2 hours for symposia
- Submit proposal to Division 16 via the APA Website (List Division 16 first or we do not receive your proposal, if not accepted we will forward to the secondary division if one is noted)
- Proposals that offer CEUs will be given preference
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns,
Jessica S. Reinhardt, Ph.D., NCSP | Licensed Psychologist