Psi Chi’s Network for International Collaborative Exchange (NICE) invites you to submit a research proposal for cross-cultural studies!
The NICE is concerned with facilitation of cross-cultural research amongst Psi Chi members and other researchers both nationally and internationally. A subcomponent of NICE, NICE:CROWD, will include a short list of research questions, with the goal of generating data from many locations using the same research protocol. CROWD offers a plethora of benefits to researchers such as: reducing the burden of having to solicit large numbers of participants, increasing the diversity of study samples, providing researchers accessible materials and protocols, and providing a convenient platform for faculty to engage students in the scientific research process!
Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
You can submit a research question to NICE: Crowd by following these steps:
- Come up with a cross-cultural research question you would like to see answered! Please note that with COVID-19 restrictions, we are interested in proposals that align with local health guidelines and IRB guidance (i.e., does not require in person meetings).
- Create an Open Science Framework (OSF) account—this is the hub for all things NICE! (Note: if your country does not allow access to OSF, you are still welcome to submit a completed pre-registration template via email!)
- Signing up just requires providing a name, e-mail address, and a password for your OSF account.
- Email the nice chair with your interest in applying to NICE: Crowd with your OSF username
- NICE will add you to our main OSF page.
- Fill out the word document version of the OSF pre-registration template.
- Head to the NICE: Crowd OSF page at https://osf.io/4ct72/
- Under the NICE: Crowd component storage there is a file labeled pre-registration template
- Download the word document found here
- Fill out the pre-registration template and compile materials (e.g., surveys, questionnaires, software) you will be using for your study
- Share your proposal with us!
- Email the completed pre-registration template with compiled materials to the NICE Chair Cory J. Cascalheira via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals are due July 31st, 2021!
Please contact Cory J. Cascalheira at email@example.com or John Edlund at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. From getting set up with the OSF, to filling out the pre-registration template, to moral support—we are here to help!