The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine has appointed an interdisciplinary committee to review the literature on bias and systemic racism in STEM workplaces; approaches to increase racial and ethnic diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in STEM organizations (e.g., universities, non-profit organizations, and industry); and offer policies and best practices for anti-racism and DEI initiatives, as well as outline goals for relevant future research.
The first Open Session of the Committee on Advancing Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in STEM Organizations will be held on January 26, 2022 from 1:00 p.m.-2:15 p.m. We welcome you to join us.
Open Session Agenda:
1:00 p.m. ET – Welcome and Plans for the Day
- Greg Symmes, Chief Program Officer, NASEM
1:10 p.m. ET – Advancing Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in STEM Organizations Discussion with Study Sponsors
- Moderator: Gilda Barabino (co-chair), President, Olin College
- Cyndi Atherton, Director, Science, Heising-Simons Foundation
- Marie Bernard, Chief Officer for Scientific Workforce Diversity, National Institutes of Health
- Elizabeth Christopherson, President, Rita Allen Foundation
- Janet Coffey, Program Director, Science, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- Lorelle Espinosa, Program Director, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Sara Moffitt, Shanahan Family Foundation
- Gayle Pugh Lev, Program Manager, Office of Integrative Activities, National Science Foundation