Created in 2014, Early Career Psychologists (ECP) Workgroup of APA Division 16 seeks to address the needs of ECPs within Division 16. The ECP Workgroup is currently accepting applications for the positions of Chair-Elect and ECP Workgroup Liaison. More detailed information about the ECP Workgroup may be found here.
Eligible candidates for these positions must: (a) be current members of Division 16 and (b) be ECPs, defined by APA as being within 10 years of receipt of a doctoral degree. The selected individuals will begin to serve in January 2023. The responsibilities of each position are described below.
The Chair-Elect shall function as the Chair in the latter’s absence or incapacity. The Chair-Elect shall serve in other capacities as appointed by the Chair.
- Specific duties include proposing initiatives, supporting the Chair in committee work, interfacing (e.g., attending and updating) with the Committee on Early Career Psychologists (CECP), Division ECP leadership (ECP Leadership Network; ECPLN), and other State, Provisional, and Territorial affairs (SPTA).
- This is 1-year term; this officer will have served in other positions previously
- The Chair-Elect shall become Chair at the end of the term of office.
The Liaison shall represent the Workgroup to APA and School Psychology Boards, Committees, and Listservs. Additionally, the Liaison is responsible for planning the convention schedule at the annual APA conference, coordinating public meetings through the Division hospitality suite and public relations with constituent school psychology organizations (e.g., NASP, ISPA, ABPP, TSP, CDSPP, SSSP, etc.). This Officer has responsibility for monitoring and liaison activities with the D16 Board of Convention Affairs.
- Specific duties include initiating and maintaining collaboration and discussion with other professional workgroups, including NASP, ISPA, TSP, SASP, and SSSP, and subscribing to online listservs of APA, NASP, and other groups relevant to ECP members in order to keep members abreast of major conversations in the field and help disseminate information to the ECP broader membership.
- Additional duties include planning and supporting D16 ECP activities at APA, TSP, SPRCC, and NASP, serving as Liaison to D16 VP for Convention Affairs & Public Relations in developing ECP focused programming, serving as an ECP rep to the APA Convention Committee, and developing inter divisional programming of interest to ECPs.
- This is a 2-year term.
- The Officer is selected based on application and appointment.
How to Apply:
ECPs interested in either position should email an abbreviated CV (3-5 pages) and Letter of Intent that details interests and qualifications as well as the requirements for the position by November 4, 2022 to Rachel Stein at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed based on materials submitted and fit with workgroup priorities. Questions regarding the ECP Workgroup may also be directed to Dr. Stein.