The APA Division 16 Membership Committee seeks to address issues related to recruiting and retaining a diverse membership. Current initiatives are related to recruitment and retention of members, including adding valuing to what is gained through membership in D16. Division 16 VP of Membership is currently accepting applications for three committee members to aid in collaborating on and implementing a formalized membership initiative plan.
Eligible candidates for these positions must be current members of Division 16. The selected individuals will begin to serve in June of 2023 for a one-year, potentially renewable commitment.
The responsibilities of the position is described below, including being a member of D16:
Committee Members (3):
- Attending monthly conference calls
- Collaborating on and implementation of committee initiatives to maintain, increase and diversify membership, and create value adds with membership
- Participating in Division 16 Membership sponsored events
- Assist with Division16 membership programming at APA annual convention
- Liaison with state school psychology associations
- Interest in scholar and practitioner perspectives
- Students and all career level representation desired
Division 16 members interested in this committee should email a CV and brief Letter of Intent that details interests and qualifications for the position by April 1, 2023 to Melissa Bray (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Michelle Perfect (email@example.com). Please indicate “Division 16 Membership Committee Application” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed based on materials submitted and fit with committee priorities. Questions regarding the Membership Committee may also be directed to Melisa Bray or Michelle Perfect.